Monday, May 5, 2014

From a strange planet - 5

Norwegian road webcams - 14 April 2014
The silent pictures of Scandinavian traffic-webcams have a strange fascination for me. I'm trying to analyze this effect. This time I downloaded a set of images and made time-lapse video's.
My previous analyses of the webcam obsession are here:  part 4,  part 3,  part 2,  part 1. I used fiction, literary criticism and art to think about this strange window on far-away worlds.
Norwegian road webcams - 25 March 2014
I use this procedure. It builds a moderately sized .avi video file:
  • Download the files using this PowerShell script
  • Use XNView batch convert to convert all pictures to 800*600
  • ffmpeg -f image2 -r 5 -i "C:\Users\uair\Pictures\Webcams\800600\%03d.jpg" -r 25 -y -qscale 0 video.avi
Scandinavian road webcams 17 March 2013
These are my earliest experiments. I'm getting better at this. Now I should add some experimental sound.
Scandinavian road webcams

Webcam video - Scandinavian road cams

No comments:

Post a Comment